Silversphere

POWERING THE BUSINESS OF LIVING

The Aging & Changing Landscape of Senior Care

Posted by Kaleb Scharmahorn

February 3, 2017 5:00:00 PM EST

 
agingchanging_banner1
 

Editors Note: This article was originally posted in May 2014 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

The U.S. population is growing older, the Baby Boomer generation is aging at a increased rate, and the landscape of senior care is changing. This inevitable truth is forcing the entire senior living industry to begin thinking differently about tomorrow's seniors. At Silversphere, we recognize that we all have an important role to play in the changing landscape of senior care. We have an opportunity to reinvent, innovate, and make better ways of caring for seniors and communicating with families. Tomorrow's seniors have a longer life expectancy, a stronger desire to age-in-place, and a greater knowledge and reliance on technology. This aging and changing landscape is not our responsbility to manage, it is our opportunity to develop.
 

Be sure to take a look at the infographic below for a visual picture of just how much aging and changing is ahead.
 

_________________________________________________________________________

By the year 2060, the Administration on Aging estimates the 65 and older population will over double from 46 million in 2016 to 98 million seniors by the year 2060. That means in 2060, 1 in 4 Americans will be 65 years or older and 85% of the total U.S. population will be dependent on the remaining 15%.  In 2050, the senior popluation will be the most diverse it has ever been. According to the Alzheimer's Association, the number of seniors living with Alzheimer's and other dementias is expected to rise from 9 million in 2016 to 16 million by 2060. 

 

Aging_InfoGraphic-301042-edited.jpg


 

 

Check out Silversphere's ATMOSTM Life Safety Systems and STRATOS™ Insights and Reporting to learn more about how we can help you be proactive in your care and prepare your community for tomorrow!

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

blog_CTA

 

 

IMS---Email-Signature---Kaleb-Silversphere.png

Topics: Now You Know, Dignity, Senior Living, ALFA, Independence, Assisted Living, Independent living

We Are Here For You

At Silversphere, it is important to us that we not only provide reliable and proactive technology and marketing services, but that we also provide industry knowledge that assists you in running a better business and providing better care.

Be sure to sign up for email updates on the most current posts from Silversphere!

Subscribe to Email Updates

Posts by Topic

see all